Welcome to MacKinnon Chalet Five at Ord!
Sleat has long been known as the garden of Skye. It is a haven for gorgeous flowers, trees and plants and an area of outstanding natural beauty. Existing residents and visitors include golden eagles, sea eagles, otters, red deer, dolphins, whales, basking sharks and seals.
With its wonderfully pure mountain air, varied terrain and climate, the area is rightly famous among nature-lovers, climbers, walkers, water-sports enthusiasts, sports pilots (the aerial photographs on this site were taken from the owner's AMF Chevvron motor-glider) and astronomers, as Sleat has no fewer than four designated dark-sky viewing areas. Gastronomes will also be delighted with the quality of cuisine served at Sleat's superb restaurants.
On the western side of the peninsular and in the beautiful hamlet of Ord, a wooden, Scandinavian-style chalet is now available to let.
With spectacular views across Loch Eishort to the majestic, jagged peaks of the Black Cuillins, the chalet has undergone full refurbishment, complete redecoration and an upgrade in specification. With comfort, safety and relaxation in mind, the chalet offers the following for visitors:
- Sleeping accommodation for up to six people ie one double room, one twin and a bed-settee which sleeps two
- Fully-equipped new kitchen with ceramic hob, oven/grill, dishwasher, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment
- New bathroom (bath with stand-in shower), toilet, basin, heated towel-rail
- New utility room with toilet, basin, washing machine, tumble-dryer
- New heating system
- Full double-glazing throughout
- Purpose-built decking with table and six chairs
- Parking for two cars
- Land-line telephone for incoming calls (mobile 'phone reception is patchy at best from the hill above the chalets!)
- iPod docking station
- Satellite TV/DVD player
- Selection of books, games, DVDs
- Cot for a baby (upon request)
- Child-safe stair-gate (upon request).
One well-behaved pet welcome.
For those visitors wishing to enjoy Scotch whisky or quality wine 'at home' during their stay, a case or two can be arranged to arrive at the start of the let (see Contact Us page).
For further details regarding the chalet and environment, please see the other pages of this website. We look forward to receiving your enquiry. Mike & Kate Westman